Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Here we go BROWNIES!



So football will soon be in the air and my lovely wife will find herself a widow on Sunday, Monday, Thursday and Saturday... and a couple of Fridays for the high school games. I watch a lot of football. I watch both college and pros. The Ohio State Buckeyes are my favorite team to watch, but then close behind is the Cleveland Browns.

The Browns can be a frustrating team to watch and cheer for. They come oh so close to play off wins some years and then not even close to making the play offs the next year. They have fallen on their faces and been shipped out of town. I've been at games where the fans yelled at rivals and then get so drunk they turned on one another.

My love for the Browns comes from my dad. Now that I have a kid of my own I don't know if I should pass on this tradition of following the Browns to heartache every year. Maybe we should become Eagles fans? After all my wife is from Philly so we have a connection. I wish I could be a Steelers fan, and have the most Super Bowl wins, but my DNA won't allow for that. I have always liked the Patriots. They were the first team I saw win the Super Bowl when I was about 8 or 9 years old.

No, I can't leave the Browns, because my son needs to learn about faithfulness and rooting for the underdog. So here's to another season of hope, finger crossing and wishing that the Browns go all the way or at least to the playoffs and to a new generation of Browns fans.

No comments: