Sunday, December 4, 2011

Inkling

I finally got my Wacom Inkling last Monday. I haven't had a great deal of time to play with it because I was out of town on school visits. It's a pretty neat device for recording ideas on the go. If you hate drawing with an ink pen this will not be good for you. It plugs into your USB port and then easily transfers files right into Photoshop at 600 DPI. It can also send the files to Illustrator as vector art, but I haven't played with that option yet.



Here is an image I created with the Inkling and then what it looked like after I went over that image with ink in Photoshop. I was just roughing out a storyboard on paper wit the Inkling and as you can see, it not only captures drawing but writing too. The pen is also rechargeable and has a 3 hour life. Also you can create layers to your artwork with just the push of a button.


2 comments:

Paper Petite (Ashleigh) said...

That's fantastic!!! Been eager to see more about this. Great results and nice little layer feature there.

Unknown said...

I think it's a great start...I can't wait to see what this device can do in three years when it's been improved upon.