Thursday, August 16, 2012

Yes! Another NEW book!

So I am getting ready to go to press on my 5th book published by my very own company Harptoons Publishing. Yes, this is another how to draw book using letters. My other four books were all subject based. Drawing Animals, Sea Animals, Monsters,and Baby Animals. What makes this book different is this is theme based. And what better theme than a haunted house. If you love The Addams Family, and The Munsters, this book is right up your alley. Once again you start with a capital letter and then using line and shapes, turn that letter into one of the many haunts that roam the Spiderbite house. I'm hoping this book not only gets kids drawing, but I want them to write about the Spiderbite house. Who lives here? Why is it haunted? Has anyone ever escaped.
I am also going to use Kickstarter to promote and sell the book. I am a big fan of Kickstarter, but I can't imagine the pressure of being fully funded and then having to deliver a finished product. Would people email me nonstop asking when will they get their book? I just couldn't handle that kind of pressure. So I am going to have the book printed and once the Kickstarter campaign ends I will send the books out the very next day. No waiting, no stress, so sleepless nights for me. I feel I have some really sweet incentives too. I have my new book, plus 4 other books that people can obtain by pledging more and more. I will also have one special pledge item. For $3,000 I will illustrate and design a story for someone's book. I am really hoping that there is an author out there that is dying to get their book illustrated and looking nice and professional. $3,000 is way lower than what I normally charge for a book. I also rarely illustrate self published books with the exception of my own, but I want to help someone else out there make their dreams happen. I only ask that the person familiarize themselves with my illustration style. Also subject matter must be clean, non political and non religious. You know, just a fun, easy going book....like my illustrations. I hope to be able to post on Kickstarter next week sometime.
-Steve


No comments: