Monday, March 1, 2010

My First Book


So I'm letting the cat out of the bag here a little early, but my book is going to press this week and I am so excited. This isn't my first book, but it's the first book that I have self published. This book teaches kids how to draw cartoon animals using numbers. I developed this book while doing school visits all over the mid-west and trying to teach kids how to draw. I started using numbers and the kids loved it. So this is a book that the kids really inspired me to do.

Now that schools are strapped financially and have little money for extras I want to try and help out. The schools can sell my books and make $2.00 for every book they sell. that money can go to the art program or the library or really what ever they want. If the school sells 200 books I will spend a day at the school teaching the kids how to draw and giving my presentation on how I became a children's book illustrator. For more info just go to following [LINK] for more info.

3 comments:

Pablo said...

Steve congrats buddy! The book looks like a blast. I'm sure this will do very well. I want one.

Unknown said...

Thanks, hope to have it printed and ready to sell in April...Well that is if it goes to press this week.

Pablo said...

Well keep us all updated on how things are going and when it will be eventually out. Look forward to picking up a copy.